The SEO Playground tool was first released sometime ago, but never given the exposure it deserved. I am therefore just writing a brief post covering its features and detailing how to install it.
Installation is straight forward. Simply create a shortcut within your browser. In Firefox this couldn’t be easier drag me into your header. As illustrated here:
Rename as you deem fit and then any page/site you wish to research simply click the button, it will load over the page and give you lots of useful SEO related information including:
- The ability to submit to Social Networks:
- Create a TinyURL for a page instantly.
- Links to Domain Information, including:
- Internet Archive
- xHTML Validator
- Google Data including
- Page Rank
- Number of Cached Pages
- Last Cache Date
- Directory stats including mentions in:
- Amount of inbound links pointing that the domain being reviewed.
- Page Title
- Meta Description
- Image Alternatives
- Text used in links
- Text that’s been made bold
- Density of single words, two word phrases and three word phrases
- Inbound/Outbound Link Ratios
- List of all External Follow links