Weighted sort was released quite some time ago now, in fact just over a month ago and I’ve been foolishly weighting to see it on my Google Analytics, but unfortunately it just didn’t appear. The same can be said for my colleagues – none of them have noticed it either, but it turns out it is there, hiding, so if you haven’t seen weighted sort yet follow my simple guide:
- Login to your Google Analytics account
- Go to any report where it has a % metric (e.g. bounce rate, conversion rate etc.)
- Order the report by a % metric – bounce rate is an easy one.
- Once you order it by bounce rate/conversion rate a tick box should show with the title “weighted sort”.
- Your report will be re-ordered to take into account the number of visits
Basically weighted sort saves you having to exclude all the visits that are less than 10 when looking at bounce rate/conversion rate as a metric. It’s very handy and certainly saves a lot of time. You can see a demo of weighted sort being used in the video below: