11 Reasons Why You Don’t Need SEO [HT: Powazek]
OK, OK. Powazek is right. You don’t need SEO. Here’s why.
- All websites are built properly, with static URLs, good site architecture and usability at the forefront of their design in the first place.
- All web designers know how Google finds its way around a site and why some pages will carry more weight than others
- All copywriters instinctively understand the balance between the client’s product and the kind of things people type into Google
- Most people have blogs or belong to a forum relevant to a market and will link to sites they find interesting just to spread the word about a good company they’ve used
- No-one will ever try to bring your website down
- Best practice never changes, so if you are ranking today you always will
- All site owners look at their Analytics to understand how and why visitors are finding the site and what they do when they get there
- Web developers never use workarounds to achieve an effect that totally screw Google’s spiders or trip a ranking penalty
- Google doesn’t use backlinks, domain trust and anchor text as factors in its results
- No-one else is doing SEO so you’ll rank naturally if you’re a good boy
- There are fairies at the bottom of the garden